Announcements – May 7, 2021
- Office Closed. The Mill Plain UMC offices remained closed. Mail and messages are retrieved regularly, and you can leave a message on the main or email staff directly or fill in the Contact Us form.
- Our Preschool will be having a graduation for the Pre-K classes on June 16th. Details to come soon.
- Sunday School will be taking a break during this summer. The last lesson will be May 30 via Zoom and it will resume on September 12. Additional information will be shared in August whether Sunday School will be in person or via Zoom.
- The Missions Team typically hosts a Babies in Need “Baby Shower” each Mother’s Day but due to COVID19 and no in-person worship, that cannot happen again this year. The team would appreciate continued support for this program by sending a financial donation that provides funding for diapers, baby wipes, car seats, and other needed items. Contributions/checks can be made to the church with Babies in Need on the memo line or using our giving link, https://millplainumc.churchcenter.com/giving, on our web site.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry meet Thursday, May 13, at 10 a.m. via Zoom. They are working on making purple caps for newborns in support of Shaken Baby Syndrome awareness in September.
- All completed scholarship applications are due by Sunday, May 16.
- Free Paper Shredding in the church parking lot on Saturday, May 22, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. This is held by the Lions Club, any monetary donations are appreciated.
In addition to these upcoming events, check out our complete Events Calendar.
Sunday School is held online via Zoom.
Join us each week for worship online.
Grace Notes group meets weekly.
Youth Group meets weekly.
High School Youth Group meets weekly
This book study group welcomes anyone to join in our discussions. We meet the second and fourth Wednesdays, 10 a.m. via Zoom. Beginning May 12, we will be discussing An Altar in the World by Barbara Taylor Brown. Please purchase your own book, read Chapters 1-3, and contact Melody, firstname.lastname@example.org for a Zoom invitation. Taylor is an author, professor, and Episcopal priest. She reveals meaningful ways to discover the sacred in the small things we do and see, from simple practices such as walking, working,…
The Food Bank is set up at 1:00 pm and opens form 1:30-2:30 PM every first and third Thursday from June to September. All are welcome and any food donations are welcome as well. If you would like to volunteer to help please email email@example.com
Mill Plain United Methodist Preschool will be having their Pre-K Graduations for each class on June 16th. More detail to come.
Please contact Chuck for a Zoom invitation to this virtual breakfast. All are welcome.